The only product of its kind on the market, the MZX SensorLaser™ Plus enables a measuring range of up to 8 km per sensor cable to be monitored. Up to two 8km spurs or one 8km loop can be connected. Because the ambient conditions in a monitoring area of this size can vary enormously, the individual sensor cables can each be divided into up to 256 zones. Several alarm criteria that can be freely defined as required operate in each zone. This level of precision adjustment allows the MZX SensorLaser™ Plus to deliver high security against false alarms and precise fire detection despite contrary and variable ambient conditions.
A further unique selling proposition is the use of a laser with a particularly low power output with the class 1M. The accessible laser radiation emitted by this class of laser is not hazardous to the eyes, while operation is absolutely fail-safe even in the event of a break in the cable. In addition, the sensor cable can be used in explosive atmospheres (ATEX zones) up to zone 0 without any additional measures being required. In contrast to other laser supported systems, the low laser output of < 20mW ensures that the measuring system has a long service life.
- Continuous detection despite extremely large monitoring area
- Easy and rapid installation of the maintenance-free sensor cable
- Very high resistance to extremely contrary ambient influences (immune against heat, cold, humidity, corrosion, strong winds and draft)
- Undiminished precision under electromagnetic interference
- Unprecedented security against false alarms
- Very high sensor cable service life of up to 30 years
- Temperature profile over the complete measurement range delivers exact information of location, size and spreading of the fire
- Very low maintenance costs as the maintenance and the trouble shouting can be done from the control unit
- VdS certified to EN 54/5-A1
- One controller unit will drive up two 8km spurs or one 8km loop
- Easy integration into existing installations
- Each sensor cable divided into up to 256 zones
- Individual configuration of 5 alarm criteria per zone
- Good network connection through Modbus, TCP/IP, FTP and SCPI interfaces
High security against false alarms
The Ambient conditions (temperatures) typically fluctuate extremely over a measuring range of many hundreds of metres. It may therefore be necessary to divide the measuring range into zones that can be adapted perfectly to the ambient conditions on the basis of differing alarm criteria. This ensures high detection reliability - and also security against false alarms.
The MZX SensorLaser™ Plus allows the measuring range to be very finely divided into zones. Up to 256 zones can be defined for each sensor cable and with up to 5 alarm criteria can be configured for each zone. Another 2 alarm criteria respond to a minimum temperatures as temperature drop, enabling them to be used e.g. in tunnels to warn of black ice.
The start and the end point and the size of a zone can be defined individually. The zones can be chosen consecutive or overlapping. In between the zone there can be an undefined area for e.g. excluding special areas of the detection.
If desired, the excess of alarm criteria in a zone or alarm criteria falls below the minimum value this can be shown by an allocated relay, so additional controlling functions are possible to drive (e.g. allocation of a fire panel or intruder system).
Immune from external influences
The sensor cable itself is maintenance-free and, thanks to its particularly robust characteristics, offers a high level of security against false alarms. The sensor cable is insensitive to dust, dirt, moisture, high temperatures, pressure and the action of vibration and wind as well as corrosive atmospheres. Because of its purely passive, optical analysis process, the MZX SensorLaser™ Plus is even immune from electromagnetic interference caused by generators, energy routes, cables or electric motors.
The new MZX SensorLaser™ Plus delivers precise information about the location, size and spreading of a fire even under ambient conditions that would cause other fire detection systems to fail.
Areas of application
The MZX SensorLaser™ Plus is ideal for use in particularly demanding ambient conditions:
- In areas with high dust and dirt contamination (industry, mining)
- Where humidity and damp can arise as well as in corrosive atmospheres (industry, marine, tunnel)
- In areas where electromagnetic interferences can appear (transformers, generators, next to catenaries)
- With particularly warm or cold ambient temperatures (production halls, refrigerated warehouses)
- Where vibrations can occur (machines, production halls)
- In areas where strong winds or draft prevail
- In areas with mobile or radio transmitters
- In areas with chemical pollution (chemical industry)
- In areas with radioactivity (power plant, intermediate storage)
The MZX SensorLaser™ Plus in its many different product variants offers a particularly customer-friendly and hence cost-effective solution. Hardware can be selected as a function of the project size and requirement. The size of the measuring area and the number of sensor cables can be differentiated. A further advantage is the low maintenance costs because all components were designed for a long service life.
For example the maintenance-free sensor cable is built for a long lifetime of up to 30 years. Should a fault occur in the measuring area, this can easily be rectified from the controller unit. And because the MZX SensorLaser™ Plus detects the exact position, specialist personnel can rectify a cable break quickly.