The MPM800 is used to provide various expansion capabilities via the remote bus (RBUS). The MPM800 is provided as a standalone module but is also incorporated into the circuitry of the OCM800 operator control module to drive the LCD display, LEDs, keyswitch and keys on the OCM800 and the operator display module.
The OCM800 and MPM800 have an XBUS which can be used to drive up to 80 inputs / outputs. The MPM800 also has a printer interface for connecting to a serial or parallel printer.
Up to 15 x MPM modules can be connected to each panel of which 8 can be in the form of OCM800 (including the main OCM800 user interface). One OCM800 can also be in the form of an emulated user interface on a remote panel or PC connected via the network or dial up modem.
The following I/O and LED annunciator modules can be slaved from an MPM800:
- Up to 5 x IOB800 (8 in/8 out expansion board)
- Up to 5 x XIOM800 (16 way universal I/O board)
- One Mimic Panel (80 way LED mimic driver PCB)
- One 80 way ANN880 LED mimic**
- One 40 way ANN840 LED mimic using red & yellow LEDs**
- Two 20 way COM820 LED status/command modules**
The MPM800 is mounted by plugging directly onto the back of those items marked**